We use a service called StreamYard. It works similar to Zoom where you will login from your computer using the provided link.
Before the broadcast
Make sure you have the following:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Skype, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
If you’re on iOS 14.2, we recommend updating your device before joining. iOS 14.2 has some issues with audio stuttering.
Joining the broadcast
When the time comes, follow these steps to enter the broadcast studio:
- The link to join is in the tab above. Click the link and you’ll be taken to their broadcast studio.
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected.
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the studio.
Babypalooza staff will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until we add you at your presentation time but we will see that you are there. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your presentation!
We prefer live virtual so that the moms can interact in real time. But where that is not possible we can make an appointment to pre-record the session.
Some brands may have recorded sessions but still have brand reps on the Babypalooza Facebook page to answer questions and post information during the scheduled session.
In most cases Cecilia will be the host and come on and introduce you and then step out so you will be on the screen by yourself for your presentation
At the end Cecilia will come back on for Q&A with the audience. The audience can post question in the Facebook feed which we can then show on the screen so the presenter can see them and answer them.
If you would rather have an interview type format we can do that as well. Just provide us a list of questions prior to the event.
This broadcast is more like a TV show that thousands of moms can watch. You can interact with moms through posts on the Babypalooza Facebook Page.
Some brands will have reps come to the page during the presentation to type and answer questions as moms post them. You can see how that works in the Medela example above.
We ask that you allow time at the end of your presentation for questions. We are able to post them on the screen for you to see and verbally answer.
Your time slot should have been reserved on your worksheet.
For presentation and speaker details please use the form below.
The Babypalooza team will use the information you provide to create graphics and social media posts before, during, and after, the event. This is not just a one day event but an ongoing campaign to connect you to our moms.