Term: Semester or Quarter
Located in Innovation Depot (Birmingham’s version of Google HQ), Babypalooza is a fast-paced startup developing apps and producing events for new and expectant moms. We turned one of our offices into a virtual studio for daily filming. This internship will teach the ins and outs of creating Instagram Reels and TikTok videos to drive customer acquisition. You’ll also learn how to write content for SEO, and work on scripts for our weekly local news television segments.
Enjoy a casual, fun work environment in a building with 80 other tech startups. You can wear jeans and a T-shirt!
Discover what it takes to build a community platform from scratch. The Lifestages Media Marketing / Social Media internship allows complete immersion into the process of digital content creation and development.
- Plan and execute social media calendars
- Research, learn, and review products from CPG baby brands
- Create engaging video content (Instagram Reels, TikTok, YouTube Reviews) to impart product knowledge
- Keep website/app updated with weekly blog posts and other content
- Maintain weekly metrics reports
- Assist at Babypalooza virtual and in-person events
- Currently pursuing bachelors in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and people skills
- Excellent knowledge of how to create and edit video for TikTok, Instagram, and Youtube content
- An understanding of social media best practices and posting software such as HootSuite
What We Expect
To be successful in this internship, you at least need:
- 10-12 weeks of part-time availability.
- Ability to work in-person in our office at Innovation Depot two to three days per week.
- Ability to take the lead and own your tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
What You’ll Gain
- Hands-on marketing and communications experience
- Increased knowledge and skills through experience with projects and assignments
- Portfolio of published projects
- Advice and feedback from mentors dedicated to your growth
- An opportunity to grow your professional social network through the Innovation Depot ecosystem