As parents, we all want to instill a love of reading in our children, and what better way to do that than by celebrating Read Across America Week and Dr. Seuss’ birthday? This annual event, held during the first week of March, encourages children to pick up a book and discover the joys of reading.
To make this week even more special, we’ve compiled a list of fun and engaging activities you can do with your kids to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday and make reading a fun experience for the whole family. So grab your favorite Dr. Seuss book and let’s get started!
7 Ways to Celebrate Read Across America Week
There are many creative ways to celebrate Read Across America Week here are a few you can try at home with your little one.
- Attend a local storytime.
- Organize a neighborhood book swap, where children trade books with neighborhood friends.
- Use your child’s favorite book and create a scavenger hunt based on the theme of the book where they find related items around the house.
- Set up a reading tent or cozy corner with pillows, blankets, and a few of your child’s favorite books.
- If you have big kids you could have a book-themed trivia night or game show where everyone can show what they remember.
- Facetime the grandparents and have them read a bedtime story this week.
- Make book-themed crafts inspired by your child’s favorite books, think bookmarks and puppets.
Find many more ideas on the Babypalooza Pinterest Page.
Your thoughts or questions