- This event has passed.
Feed the City
September 17 @ 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM CDTFree
Volunteer with Feed the City and make meals for people in need!
When: 3rd Saturday of the month | 8:30-10:30 AM
For details and updates, please visit the Facebook event.
*** How does TangoTab’s Feed The City work? ***
PRIOR TO THE EVENT:
Head to the store and pick up the product. Remember, the more product that is brought… The more meals we will make.
Bringing a group? Please let everyone know to bring everything on the list. We do not recommend dividing items for each person.
Here’s what to bring:
• Meat: Please try to make this turkey, chicken or ham (we do not prefer bologna); Unfortunately, we cannot accept any meat from the deli counter
• Cheese: Sliced pre-packaged cheese
• Bread: Bring sliced bread; We prefer wheat
• Yellow mustard: No spicy mustard or mayo
• Halos, Cuties, or tangerines
• Large bags of chips: We do not prefer individual bags, because that takes the activity away
• Ziploc Sandwich Bags: Please make sure they zip and are not fold over bags
We recommend each person attending bring enough supplies for 25-30 sandwiches at a minimum.
DAY OF THE EVENT:
Please arrive between 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM. We will begin PROMPTLY at 8:30 am.
Remember, anyone can attend our events. We make this a fun atmosphere for all ages. Remember, you are responsible for anyone under 18y/o that is in your group.
*** CAN’T MAKE THE IN-PERSON EVENT? You Can Drop Off ***
• Pack up as many lunch sacks as you want with your family
• Drop off the made sacks at designated locations
What to pack:
• 1 bottle of water
• 1 granola bar
• 2 tangerines or 1 apple in a Ziplock
• 1 pouch of tuna or applesauce cup
• Write a positive message on the bag
We will still accept all food donations that are not packed in this format.