In 1949, OLS was built as an addition to Our Lady of Sorrows Church. The school slowly expanded through the 1950s and into the early 1970s. To help support the school and ensure its continued success, the Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School Foundation was established in January 1990, and a restoration of the campus buildings was finalized in 1991 to meet the growing needs of the school community. In 1996 a complete renovation of the school was made, which beautified and created a more spacious and inviting atmosphere.
Throughout our history and still today, OLS is dedicated to academic excellence. They serve as a regional school to parishes of Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Peter the Apostle, St. George, and St. Elias, as well as other churches in the Catholic Diocese of Birmingham.
Students in grades Wee-K3 through 8th are provided with a Christ-centered education, one that not only recognizes and meets the needs of the individual but also teaches through example and the ideals of the Catholic faith.