Best Things To Do With Kids In Birmingham February 19 – 25, 2023

Best Things To Do With Kids In Birmingham February 19 – 25, 2023

Babypalooza’s weekly round-up of the best things to do with kids in Birmingham, February 19 – 25, 2023. Find fun family events near you including Whale of Sale Consignment Event, Tinkergarten’s Weekly Nature Group, BCT’s Don’t Tell Me I Can’t Fly, and Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Birmingham Event Guide for Kids

FEBRUARY 23 – 24

Whale of a Sale Consignment Event

Vestavia Hills Methodist Church
Ages 1+

Whale of a Sale is a biannual children’s consignment event held at Vestavia Methodist Church that offers a wide range of gently used children’s clothing, shoes, decor, baby gear, and maternity wear. The event benefits the Vestavia Day School, with sellers receiving 70% of their profits, and the remaining 30% going to the school. The sale has allowed the school to improvements to its facilities, purchase new equipment and curriculum, and even donate funds to the Rucker Collier Foundation, a charitable organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for pediatric sarcomas.


Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Birmingham Children’s Theatre
$10 – $15
Ages 1+

The Birmingham Children’s Theatre’s Goldilocks and the Three Bears event promises to be a delightful and hilarious reimagining of the classic fairy tale. As part of the theatre’s 75th-anniversary celebrations, the play features a guitar-flying, porridge-tasting, and bed-hopping Goldie who stumbles upon the Three Bears’ home and manages to wreak havoc. Written by Jean Pierce, a beloved playwright of the Birmingham Children’s Theatre, the event is sure to entertain both children and adults alike. Expect to be enchanted by this imaginative and witty retelling of the beloved story.


Don’t Tell Me I Can’t Fly

Birmingham Children’s Theatre
$10 – $22
Ages 1+

Don’t Tell Me I Can’t Fly, presented by the Birmingham Children’s Theatre, is a poignant and heartfelt play that tells the story of Tonia Bridge, a nine-year-old girl growing up in Milwaukee in 1964. Tonia’s artistic spirit clashes with her parents’ fears and practicality, and she struggles to find her place in the world. The play takes audiences on Tonia’s journey of self-discovery, as she learns to embrace her true self, flaws and all. Don’t Tell Me I Can’t Fly is a powerful reminder of the importance of self-acceptance and the courage it takes to be true to oneself. Expect to be moved by this heartfelt and inspiring production.



Tinkergarten Weekly Nature Play Group

Triangle Park
$15 – $219
Ages 1+

Tinkergarten Weekly Nature Group offers a unique and enriching experience for early learners and their caregivers. Each week, the group focuses on a “featured creature” and engages in activities designed by early childhood educators that promote sensory awareness, motor development, empathy, communication skills, and a sense of wonder in the natural world. For this event, the theme is Mystery Walk. Those who register for the course can expect to enjoy nine live sessions led by a trained Tinkergarten leader, as well as access to videos, activities, resources, and a book list to complement each lesson. This is a fantastic opportunity for young children and their caregivers to explore the natural world and develop valuable skills in a fun and engaging way.

For more family-friendly events, classes, and activities check out our Birmingham New Parent City Guide. Follow the new Birmingham-only social media feeds on Facebook and Instagram.

Your thoughts or questions

Create an account and add a profile photo to comment
A safe community for you to ask questions and get answers


No comments yet
error: 2005 - 2023 © Babypalooza. All Rights Reserved.